It’s Monday morning. You log in to your CRM, go over to your Facebook Business manager, and all you see are basically the same numbers you saw the week before.
Same CTR, same CVR, same monetization, same volume….same results.
So how can you get out of this funk?
Whether it’s doing the same thing over and over, or performing the same actions all your competitors are taking, the bottom line is that you won’t beat your competition by going with the status quo.
In this article, we’ll show you three ways you can build strong, successful Facebook campaigns that will leave your colleagues impressed, and your competitors wondering how you did it…
Crack the Creative
If you’ve ever run an ad campaign in the past, you understand the importance of CTR, and how it has a direct impact on your delivery.- CTR basically defines how attractive your ad is to targeted users. So naturally, the visual you present will be a huge key to your success.
However, you’ll also need to mix that with good CVR, which defines how relevant your ad is. Ultimately, you have to figure out to create and manage the images that bring the CTR and CVR that will best maximize your delivery and volume.
Here are some tips for how you can do this:
- Have the product in mind at all times.
- Show evolution/contrast/before and after/interaction/movement, etc.
- Use colors that contrast with the image and the news feed/RHS landscape.
- Have a clear call to action.
- Refresh the creative once ad sets start to underperform.
Ok, so now that we know how to crack the creative and improve our delivery, the next challenge is to find the best users that will bring us the highest value. The best way to do that is through targeting.
Crack the Targeting
Here’s where you can separate yourself from your competitors, and gain high quality users at a lower cost.
The idea here is to be creative in your targeting and find your users in creative ways.
So what are the best ways to do this?
- Know your product – Know exactly the type of user will use your product, and who will not!
- Know your prospective user – What your users like, what music they listen to, events they attend , movies they watch, and more. Everything is up for grabs here with FB targeting – all based on the users’ interests and engagements.
- Find your users in places besides FB – You would be surprised what you can find when you start searching the web about your prospective users. Just know this: everything has a Facebook entity, and we mean everything And we at Bidalgo have all kinds of interesting ways to find those!
Go “All-In” with New Features
Each quarter, FB launches a feature that could potentially change your company’s/product’s future. As PPC managers, your job is to capture that and jump on it! Not all features are open for use on Power Editor/Ad Manager, but FB’s marketing partners (like yours truly here at Bidalgo) have early, preferential access to those features. Using these features at just the right time can be the difference it takes for you to maximize the two worlds of targeting and creative:
- Delivery and volume – Speaking from my experience, when you upload ads with new features (ad products/bidding methods, etc.), they get more impressions at a lower cost, at least at the beginning. This could be because of FB’s algorithm, or could be because of an automated improved quality score. Either way – it will bring you more volume at a lower cost.
- Audience – This time, we’re talking quality, and when you target a certain reach, your ads are only shown to a portion of that reach. Again, from my perspective, when you use new features plus a high bid- you’ll get top-notch results – plain and simple. – I mean, wouldn’t it be cool if you had a three-week head start on your competition when targeting the best users at scale? Try it…
Just a word of caution: Not all features are initially successful, but when you crack one on time…it’s worth it!
To conclude, find your top creative, combine it with the prospective user’s creative targeting, and explode with these new features. Once you do, I can assure you that your Monday mornings will start looking quite differently!
Bid what you are worth, and get out of the comfort zone.
Shay Gabay, Business Development Manager, email@example.com